Sunday, May 31, 2009

atlas shrugged and spun that globe around (a poem for april) set to atlas sound

i want to map your coordinates
every square inch
just a little bit
give me the most you can possibly give
from another timezone, that is
you spun that globe around and put your eyes to rest
my name is michael, what's yours?
let's get naked and second guess it tomorrow
over coffee perhaps
maybe even pancakes
with a side of new lover pheromones
and please hurry with the bill
we've got provinces to discover
your cheeks are very warm
and red
and i like that
and i have a poem to write
one for april's eyes only
i spun that globe around and my index finger landed on on you
lucky me
get on a plane and kiss me for breakfast
or something like that

lucky us
we spun that globe around and settled on a seedy east coast-kinda-place
the kind where people who already know each other
have never actually met
spin that globe and give me in the flesh
flash.
give me attitude
flash.
give me substance
flash. flash. flash.
give me everything
and give it twice
get on a plane and give me april skies in may
give me the most you can possibly give
from a different timezone
then give it to me again
damn geo locals and lack of airmiles
i'd rather have a facefullofyou
at least a couple of times
spin that globe and give me in the flesh
you better be on the phone with the airplane receptionist
or else

we make great strangers, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment