Sunday, March 4, 2012

spring cleaning may be in order

god bless her smiles
and her sightly curves
her overwhelming confidence
her
sex appeal

god bless her unwavering
commitment
to convey to me
in a single glance
that she's completely
uncommitted
and up for anything

when it comes
to this
fast-approaching
loneliness
i suppose i've no one to blame
but myself
and maybe you (of course)

hell, even if i were
to give you the night off
no - give myself
the night off rather
from you
and let her
crawl into my bed

surely she'd be almost naked
before you came into the picture
- literally

saying something along the lines of
who the fuck is that?
the girl in the photo
taped to the wall beside your bed?
you guys are all the same,
you know that?
you could have saved me the trouble
and just told me that you had a girlfriend

i'm pretty sure the door would slam
before i could even get the words out
but i don't
honestly

No comments:

Post a Comment