Friday, February 3, 2012

erase me already

please know that i am trying
to get you out of my thoughts
but it is proving to be be impossible
i'm trying to respect your wishes
but i'm bound to slip up from time to time
i can't explain how bad this is for me
my body literally aches for you
waking up alone, waking up without you
is a terrible way to start the day
then i spend the rest of the it
talking myself out of
all the wonderful and creative ways
i'm coming up with to try to get you back
i hope you never have to experience this, sweetie
it has me thinking a lot about the concepts
explored in eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
i'm in a lose/lose situation
i know i need to respect your wishes
and fall off the face of the earth
but at the same time
it's so completely unnatural
to not chase after your dreams
it all feels so very wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment