Tuesday, November 3, 2009

ed's daughter

we met at my apartment
it was fall and school had already started
my roommates were away for the weekend
she made me a little nervous at first
i drank to compensate for the nerves
she asked me to go out and play in the rain
it sounded like a bad idea and i told her so
she hounded me and wouldn't let up
so i gave in and off we went to the lake
i was cold and wet and miserable
but at least i had the good sense to bring the beer with us
then she suggested that we go in the lake fully-clothed
i wondered just what the hell i had gotten myself into with this one
but she was breathtaking under the moon and i couldn't resist
we splashed each other and laughed in the waves
we play fought until we were suddenly mid-embrace
then we were very much quiet from that point forward
in each others arms; careening in the surf
it was the kind of moment that romance writers spend their lives aspiring to create
we danced under moonlight until she shivered with blue lips
then we raced back to my apartment
i turned the shower on as hot as we could stand
and we jumped in still fully-attired
we kissed under the running water
it was a good first kiss and then she fainted in my arms
when she came to and alleviated my concern for her well being
i thought to myself: i will never be as cool again the rest of my life as i am in this moment
and i've never looked at the rain the same way since
true story

No comments:

Post a Comment