Thursday, November 26, 2009

frogger

i fight my way
through the shower curtain
stand under the scalded milk
falling from the shower head
scrub away absent-mindedly
half-heartedly towel dry
fight my way into yesterday's clothing
lock the window behind me
slump my shoulders down the stairs
leave through the front door
embrace the grey november day
pack my ears full of interpol
fight my way through the turnstiles
watch the crowds filing into the subway
take a seat beside a pretty girl
turn the volume all the way up
watch all of their mouths move
eye their fingers drumming pda's
miss my stop and curse some
exit at the next station
climb back up into the grey november sky
wait at the stoplight
consider entering the intersection
with my eyes closed tight
unable to hear their honks
and the screech of their tires
imagining impact at the height of the song
i fight my way past the best idea i've had all day

No comments:

Post a Comment